There is always something fun and interesting to do in Youghal rain or shine….here are some of the activities available to you in Youghal – for the rare wet day…..
1. Visit Youghal Clock Gate Tower – Have a “Hear, See, Touch” experience at Youghal Clock Gate Tower as you see life in Youghal from the 16th century through to to-day. 4 Floors of history with costumed Guides to talk you through the ages…culminating in the spectacular roof-top viewing platform..don’t forget your camera.
2. Visit Perks Entertainment Centre – With over 70,000sq ft of INDOOR entertainment not even the weather can spoil your fun! Perks Entertainment Centre specialise in the art of fun-making. Boasting one of the largest indoor funfair entertainment centres in Ireland. Vast selection of rides, games, attractions.
3. Don’t miss out on your swim – visit Aura Leisure, at Claycastle. Visitors to Aura Leisure Centre are always welcome – check out website for Pool & Gym timetable.
4. Call to the Youghal Heritage Centre, housed at Youghal Visitor Centre on Market Square. Allow the helpful staff here to give you advice on where to go and what to see. While there you can browse through a fascinating exhibition outlining Youghal’s past – even Tom Thumb’s glove!
5. Check our The Regal Cinema Youghal – with its state of the art screens and most unusually with its ultra modern Regal Wine Bar & Café on the upstairs Cinema. Something for all ages.
6. Have a friendly game of snooker at Youghal CYMS, in the historic Market House adjacent to Youghal Tourist Office. The Club boasts 4 Championship Snooker Tables, Reading/TV Room. Visitors are always welcome.
7. Take a guided tour of St. Mary’s Collegiate Church in the historic Raleigh Quarter – see the sights and hear the tales.
8. Take a little trip to nearby Ardmore (15 minute drive) and visit the Ardmore Open Farm – Enjoy a range of the indoor activities, suitable for all age groups.
9. Drive to nearby Dungourney to Leahy’s Open Farm ( 30 minute drive – The indoor activities and attractions here include the karting at Farmers Fun House, slides and sandpit in the Indoor Play Barn and Nan’s Nook Museum to mention but a few.
See…there is always plenty to do “Wet or Dry” – “See our To 10 Things to do”