To all ship owners, shipmasters, agents, fishing vessels, pleasure craft users, seafarers and fishery organisations.
Youghal Harbour – SPEED LIMITS AND MARITIME SAFETY
All port users are reminded that there are strict speed limits in force within Youghal Harbour, there are also exclusion zones for power craft. Owners and operators of recreational craft shall ensure that they are complying with the prescribed speed limits below and that they are operating their vessel with due regard for the Code of Practice for The Safe Operation of Recreational Craft.
- Speed Limit in Youghal Harbour is 5 knots with “No Wake” from Youghal bridge to a line from Youghal Light House to East Point and including a 350 mts from the foreshore on Claycastle and Redbarn beaches.
- All Persons on board a vessel less than 7m in length must wear a personal floatation device (PFD) or lifejacket.
- On vessels/open craft over 7m, or “On Deck” of a decked vessel, persons under the age of 16 must wear a PFD or Lifejacket.
- The operator of a vessel capable of more than 17kts (power craft or personal watercraft) must be 16 years of age or older.
- No person, owner or master shall operate a craft while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
“Violation of any of the provisions of the pleasure craft Regulations 2005 and Maritime Safety Act 2005:”
Fixed payment notice: €150 Summary Conviction in Court: €5,000
“Fixed payment notice may be issued by an authorised officer, including the Garda Siochana, Harbour Masters authorised by the Minister.”
Click here for Zones and Speed Limit Chart
Máistir Cuain | East Cork Harbour Master
Comhairle Contae Chorcaí | Cork County Council